The objective of the ERIF program is to provide seed funding to initiate innovative multi-investigator, multidisciplinary research and education programs that will use the results obtained during the project period for developing proposals seeking external funding. Proposals on new research and education concepts that are multidisciplinary in scope are solicited. Note: The submission guidelines for 2021 have changed. Please read them carefully.
2021 ERIF Grant Recipients
- Steve Nicholas Du Bois (Psychology) and Karl Stolley (Humanities)
2020 ERIF Grant Recipients
- Jean-Luc Ayitou (Chemistry) and Heng Wang (Mechanical, Materials and Aerospace Engineering)
WISER Issues Request for Proposals for 2021 CSFG Program (formerly ISFG)
DEADLINE: The 2021 deadline has passed.
Please note:: Important Note: WISER 2021 Guidelines for Submission contain significant changes to previous years' procedures (specifically including PI eligibility requirements and Cayuse routing form/submission instructions) and should be read closely before submission.
IIT’s Wanger Institute for Sustainable Energy Research (WISER) has issued a Request for Proposals for the Cross-disciplinary Seed Funding Grants (CSFG) program. Initiated in 2009, the CSFG program is designed to support and enhance new and innovative cross-disciplinary research concepts that are expected to attract major external funding in areas of national interest related to energy and sustainability. The CSFG program provides IIT faculty with the opportunity to conduct cross-disciplinary research initiatives and obtain proof of their innovative proposal concepts, which will enable them to develop more nationally competitive proposals.
All questions should be directed to Margaret Murphy (firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 76881).
2020 WISER Interdisciplinary Seed Funding Grant Recipients. For more information click here.
PI: Mohammad Heidarinejad (CAEE), Brent Stephens (CAEE), Martin Felsen (ARCH)
Eligibility is now for all Illinois Tech students currently enrolled in a Master of Science or Doctoral program.
Merit based research scholarships made possible through a generous donation from the Starr Foundation and IIT's capital campaign match to honor Mr. Irv Fieldhouse.
2021 Starr Fieldhouse Recipients
- Larissa Affolabi (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- Miguel Hernandez Morquecho (Physics)
2020 Starr Fieldhouse Recipient
- Young Ju Yun (Chemistry)
Awards and Prizes
Awards will be granted in recognition of the recipients’ significant accomplishments in research, scholarship, or creative activity while teaching or studying at IIT. Full-time faculty members and full-time graduate students at IIT are eligible for consideration.
To be considered for a Sigma Xi award, the faculty member or graduate student must be nominated by an IIT faculty member.
2021 SigmaXi/IIT Award Winners
- Senior Faculty Category: Jovan Brankov, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Junior Faculty Category: Amandeep Sandhu, Department of Food Science and Nutrition
- Graduate Student Category: Xin Huang, Electrical and Computer Engineering
2020 Sigma Xi/IIT Award Winners
- Senior Faculty Category: John Shen, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Junior Faculty Category: Seok Hoon Hong, Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Graduate Student Category: Boyang Wang, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Laasya Devi Annepureddy, Biomedical Engineering
- Shayarneel Kundu, Physics
2020- Chandrika Haldar (BME)
2019- Chandrika Haldar (BME)
Subodh K. Toprani (BS ’77, MS’82) and Shraddha Toprani have provided a generous donation to Illinois Tech. The purpose of the Toprani Undergraduate Research Award is to provide financial assistance to international undergraduate students or co-terminal students for summer semester research projects. The award will provide funding to one or more undergraduate student(s) in the amount of $5,500 for the summer.