- Subscription Services (Grant Forward, Proposal Central)
- Federal Agencies (Grants.gov)
- Limited Submission Grant Competitions
- Internal Funding Opportunities (ERIF, WISER, Starr/Fieldhouse, SigmaXi/IIT Awards)
- Fellowships and Scholarships (for Faculty, Undergraduates, Graduates and Post-Doctoral)
Subscribe to funding opportunities in your area of interest. It’s free!
- Department of Defense, Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program - Biomedical Research Portal
- Grant Forward - A specialized data-crawling technology with an extensive database of sponsors and funding opportunities.
- Grants.gov – Funding opportunities for all 26 federal agencies.
- National Cancer Institute - Find current and recent NCI-supported funding opportunities for areas of research.
- National Endowment for the Arts – Funding for projects consisting of one or more specific events or activities only.
- National Endowment for the Humanities – Search and subscribe to funding opportunities.
- National Institutes of Health - Track the release of new funding opportunities published in the NIH Guide.
- National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities - Find NIMHD funding opportunities.
- National Science Foundation - Get NSF funding information by email or by RSS.
- Proposal Central - Funding opportunities from professional societies and foundations.
You can find funding for all federal agencies which fund scientific and other research opportunities via Grants.gov.
The U.S. Army Research Laboratory (ARL) of the U.S. Army Research Development and Engineering Command (RDECOM) is the Army's corporate, or central, laboratory. This include’s BAA’s.
The mission of the EPA is to protect human health and the environment.
Get information about funding opportunities within NASA.
Get information about solicitations with the Office of Naval Research.
National Institute of Food and Agriculture grants and fellowships (pre and postdoctoral).
Some sponsors have limits on the number of proposals that may be submitted from an organization. In these cases, an internal selection process is required to determine which proposals will go forward. When the number of abstracts received is more than the number of proposals allowed per the solicitation, an internal competition will be necessary.
A complete list of NSF limited submissions.
Illinois Tech provides research faculty with opportunities to apply for internal funding for proposed research projects.
- Educational and Research Initiative Fund (ERIF)
- WISER 2017 ISFG Program
- Starr/Fieldhouse Research Fellowship
- Sigma Xi/IIT Awards for Excellence in University Research
- Toprani Undergraduate Research Award
- Center of Interdisciplinary Scientific computation (CISC)
In additional to federal funding opportunities, non-federal organizations also provide fellowships and scholarships for research, student funding, and professional advancement. For more details, click here.