- From the Vice Provost for Research
- Research Ethics Multimedia
- Additional Reading on Ethics in Research
- 5 Ways to Promote Research Integrity - ORI Infographic
- Here is a collection of resources faculty may use when teaching RCR to their students.
- For help locating materials or ideas for integrating discussions about ethical topics into your research group, please contact the Ethics Center Librarian, Kelly Laas, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Agreement compacts" for working in a research laboratory
- Here is a collection of research mentoring compacts (agreements) from a variety of sources. A written agreement can prevent many problems. Feel free to adopt these research mentoring compacts to suit your situation!
People at IIT Who Can Help With Research Ethics
- IIT Center for the Study of Ethics in the Professions, email@example.com or 312.567.3017
- Indika Edirisinghe, Chair of Institutional Review Board for Protection of Human Subjects, firstname.lastname@example.org or 708.563.8178
- Todd Diel, Chair of Institutional Biosafety Committee, email@example.com or 708.563.8190
- Chair, Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fred Hickernell, Research Integrity Officer, email@example.com or 312.567.3470
Outside Resources for Ethics
- The Office of Research Integrity (US Dept. of Health and Human Services)
- Online Ethics Center, from the National Academy of Engineering; contains materials on a multitude of subjects for all disciplines funded by NSF.
- Resources for Research Ethics Education
- NC State University Resource Guide in Research Ethics
- Ethics in Science Page, Department of Chemistry, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA.