IIT’s Policy on Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI) requires faculty and researchers to complete training.
All faculty required to complete financial conflict of interest training, regardless of research funding source, must do so through CITI. CITI Program is IIT's exclusive provider of research compliance and ethics training. The university maintains an organizational subscription available to all members of the research community. CITI offers several course modules targeted for specific research aims. To complete required FCOI training, follow the steps below through CITI.
NEW CITI REGISTRANTS
If you do not have an account with CITI, follow these steps to establish one affiliated with the university:
- Enter your personal information. Click Continue To Step 3. NOTE: You must use your university e-mail address (U-ID) so that your training may be matched with your university records.
- Enter your university ID (U-ID) in the User Name column. Establish a Password and Security Question. Click Continue To Step 4.
- Enter "USA" under Country of Residence. Click Continue To Step 5.
- Select all appropriate options under each question prompt. Click Continue To Step 6.
- Enter the required information for Illinois Institute of Technology. Click Continue To Step 7. NOTE: You must enter your institutional e-mail address in the appropriate field. Your training certification may not be matched with your university records if you do not enter your institutional e-mail address.
- The next screen allows you to select specific courses to add to your CITI profile. You may decline training in areas not related to Conflics of Interest if you choose to do so. Question 4 allows you to select the Conflicts of Interest course. Click Yes to add this course, then click Submit.
- Select appropriate responses for all additional questions that pertain to your research. When finished, select Complete Registration.
Once you have established an account, you may complete the Conflicts of Interest course. Retain a copy of your completion record upon successful completion of each course.
RETURNING CITI REGISTRANTS
If you already have an account, follow the steps below to complete human subjects training:
- Login to CITI using your credentials. NOTE: IIT does not retain CITI user credentials. Contact CITI for assistance with forgotten usernames and/or passwords.
- Click Main Menu/My Courses.
- Click Illinois Institute of Technology Courses to expand the list of available courses.
- If you have already added the Conflicts of Interest course to your profile, select the course from the list and complete all four of the modules. If you do not have any courses listed, click Add a Course under "My Learner Tools for Illinois Institute of Technology." Select Yes under Question 4 to add the Conflicts of Interest course, then click Submit. Then, select the course from Illinois Institute of Technology Courses and complete all four of the modules.
Retain a copy of your completion record upon successful completion of each course.
Verification of FCOI Training
The University is responsible for verifying that investigators supported by DHHS have received FCOI training. By taking and completing the training through CITI, the University will be able to verify training.
Note: PI’s must ensure that all named Key Personnel who will be working on their DHHS funded project have taken the mandatory FCOI training, prior to engaging in the research.