Illinois Tech will co-sponsor a National Academy of Engineering (NAE) Symposium entitled "Smart Cities for a Sustainable Globalization" on Wednesday, April 24 from 2–4:30 p.m. at The McCormick Tribune Campus Center (3201 S. State Street).
- Jose Moura, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers president and the Philip L. and Marsha Dowd University Professor at Carnegie Mellon University
- Shay Bahramirad, ComEd vice president of engineering and smart grid
- Pramod Khargonekar, vice chancellor for research at University of California, Irvine
- Brenna Berman, executive director of City Tech Collaborative
- Gen. Alicia Tate-Nadeau, acting director of the Illinois Emergency Management Agency
The symposium is free and open to the public. For more information, including registration details, please visit: http://motor.ece.iit.edu/naeevent.