Please note: Cayuse will have a maintenance window on saturday, 4/11/20, from 11:00 pm - 11:00 am During this maintenance window, Cayuse 424, SP, and IRB will be temporarily unavailable.
Cayuse Research Suite (Cayuse SP and Cayuse 424)
We recommend that users occassionally clear their browser cache. Contact OSRP if you should have questions.
Note: Please read the system requirements before logging In.
- Log into the myIIT Portal.
- Click on the "Research" tab.
- Find the "Cayuse Grant Software" channel.
- Click on the "Cayuse Grant Software" link and login.
- Select "Start New Proposal Link"
If you cannot access the PI portal, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
IIT Policies for submitting Proposals
In order to meet the internal deadlines, please start a Cayuse record as soon as you think you may be writing a proposal, even if it is months in advance. The only information that is initially required is:
- Principal Investigator's name and department
- Sponsor, solicitation, and sponsor deadline
- Title of project and short project name (can be TBD)
- Project start and end dates (can be updated)
- Activity code (select from list)
- IIT Policy requires all investigators to complete the following
- Conflict of Interest and Conflict of Commitment Form prior to the submission of the proposal. You can find the directions here
- Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI) Training prior to the award set-up.
Cayuse SP Resources
- Cayuse Quick Start Guide
- How to start a Cayuse SP record for a new proposal
- How to access a Cayuse SP Record started by an OSRP Research Administrator/Staff member
- Cayuse SP - PI Certification steps
- Cayuse SP - Department Chair and/or Dean Approval Steps
- Access Cayuse 424 Proposal Grants.gov Package
Cayuse SP FAQs
What is Cayuse SP?
Cayuse SP is a software tool which replaces the old routing sheet system (Proposal Management System). Cayuse SP will now be used to route and approve proposals, contracts, and other types of agreements internally.
I don’t see my Sponsor in the dropdown list. What should I do?
Many sponsors to which we regularly submit proposals have been pre-populated in Cayuse SP. If you are submitting to a sponsor that was not pre-populated, select “New Sponsor” and contact email@example.com.
who is the primary administrative contact in my department?
The primary administrative contact in your department can be found here
On the budget tab, should I provide a SUMMARY or DETAILED budget?
OSRP requests that you provide a detailed budget, regardless of budget type you submit to the sponsor. You can find a list of budget templates here.
What if I have additional information that I want to share with OSRP or my department chair and dean?
Use the “Submission Notes” tab in order to provide additional information regarding your proposal, contract, or agreement.
I HAVE COMPLETED THE CAYUSE SP RECORD (ROUTING SHEET). WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
Contact the Office of Sponsored Research and Programs at 312-567-3035 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.