Cayuse Research Suite (Cayuse SP and Cayuse 424)
Due to a recent Cayuse update, users should clear their browser cache. Contact OSRP if you should have questions.
Note: Please read the system requirements before logging In.
- Log into the myIIT Portal.
- Click on the "Research" tab.
- Find the "Cayuse Grant Software" channel.
- Click on the "Cayuse Grant Software" link and login.
- Select "Start New Proposal Link"
If you cannot access the PI portal, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
IIT Policies for submitting Proposals
- IIT Policy requires all investigators to complete the following -
- Conflict of Interest and Conflict of Commitment Form prior to the submission of the proposal. You can find the directions here
- Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI) Training prior to the award set-up.
Cayuse SP Resources
- Cayuse Quick Start Guide
- How to start a Cayuse SP record for a new proposal
- How to access a Cayuse SP Record started by an OSRP Research Administrator/Staff member
- Cayuse SP - PI Certification steps
- Cayuse SP - Department Chair and/or Dean Approval Steps
- Access Cayuse 424 Proposal Grants.gov Package
Cayuse SP FAQs
What is Cayuse SP?
Cayuse SP is a software tool which replaces the old routing sheet system (Proposal Management System). Cayuse SP will now be used to route and approve proposals, contracts, and other types of agreements internally.
I don’t see my Sponsor in the dropdown list. What should I do?
Many sponsors to which we regularly submit proposals have been pre-populated in Cayuse SP. If you are submitting to a sponsor that was not pre-populated, select “New Sponsor” and contact email@example.com.
who is the primary administrative contact in my department?
The primary administrative contact in your department can be found here
On the budget tab, should I provide a SUMMARY or DETAILED budget?
OSRP requests that you provide a detailed budget, regardless of budget type you submit to the sponsor. You can find a list of budget templates here.
What if I have additional information that I want to share with OSRP or my department chair and dean?
Use the “Submission Notes” tab in order to provide additional information regarding your proposal, contract, or agreement.
I HAVE COMPLETED THE CAYUSE SP RECORD (ROUTING SHEET). WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
Contact the Office of Sponsored Research and Programs at 312-567-3035 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.